Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the maintenance activities of the complex to include all buildings, processing equipment, refrigeration, and waste pre-treatment facilities. This role requires excellent technical, communications and problem solving skills to coordinate a complex work schedule needed to keep facilities in optimal operation. An ability to evaluate the physical layout of the plant while also considering the Company’s goals and objectives is critical in order to make the best opportunity recommendations for cost savings, optimal layout for efficiency improvements and enhancements to pork processing systems. Key responsibilities will include maintaining an effective preventative maintenance schedule and controlling mechanical inventories. An ability to prepare annual budgets for capital and repair needs will be required as well as an ability to interact with senior leadership when communicating project requirements and evaluating progress. Communicating, motivating, developing, and evaluating a competent staff of supervisors and mechanics capable of performing their maintenance specialties is key to the success of this role as is achieving an efficient utilization of this important work team. The incumbent must work closely with Operations and Safety to promote good work habits and safety. This role requires excellent attention to detail and an ability to execute in order to manage large on site projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to a particular job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties and may vary based on production assignment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify, develop, and implement key projects that will result in the achievement of established labor goals. Projects may include new methods, layouts, and/or equipment changes.
- Responsible for obtaining MOC’s, reviewing and writing Appropriation Request and bringing all Capital projects to completion in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for setting clear objectives, providing feedback, evaluating personnel in the Maintenance Department and may recommending training.
- Analyzes, develops and implements an organizational plan, which will result in equitable distribution of work load for supervisors in your area of responsibility.
- Is familiar with OSHA and FSIS regulations and works with FSIS to receive, evaluate and report work needed to keep the plant running in accordance with regulatory requirements. Also responsible for maintaining all Regulatory compliances for PSM/RMP and EPA guidelines.
- Compiles and distributes internal productivity reports.
- Help to ensure protection of business assets via internal control, auditing, and ensuring proper insurance coverage is in place for all contractors providing service.
- Plan, develop, and implement a parts inventory control program, which provides dollar value, and inventory status. Controls mechanical expenses within established budget and actively pursue cost reduction opportunities in labor, material cost, and inventory balance of spare parts.
- Proactively diagnose problems and develop ways to pre-empt breakdowns by developing strategies to improve overall reliability of the plant.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of each work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science of Engineering or equivalent from a regionally accredited four-year college and five years of maintenance management experience.
- Ten years’ experience in mechanical field supervision, required.
- Well-developed management skills.
- Ability to recruit, train and motivate personnel.
- Experience using multiple computer applications including but not limited to ADP, SAP and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with all levels of the organization.
- Collaborative approach to responsibilities.
- Knowledge of OSHA Standards and USDA and HACCP regulations.
- Bilingual preferred, but not a requirement.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety files, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to read and interpret technical instructions, diagrams, electrical schematics, and blueprints.
- CAD experience preferred, but not a requirement.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
The physical demands here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters when performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office and plant setting. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or moved up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This position description in not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of the general responsibilities and requirements necessary to be successful. Triumph may, in its discretion, modify or revise the position description in order to meet the company’s changing business needs.
Triumph is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.