- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 1 lb pork belly
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Chopped white onion
- Lime wedges
- Diced cilantro
- Sliced avocado
- Shredded cabbage
1. Cut pork shoulder into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Cut pork belly into 1-in pieces.
2. Place pork shoulder, pork belly, stock, salt, and pepper in a large heavy pot; cover and bring to a boil over medium-low. Reduce heat and simmer until pork is tender and shreds easily about 2 hours. Uncover; cook 10 minutes to reduce the liquid (but not completely). Remove from heat.
3. Transfer half of pork and pan juices to a large skillet and cook over high until liquid evaporates and pork begins to fry in its rendered fat. Fry, stirring occasionally and pressing on pork with a spoon to break up, until browned and just beginning to crisp, 10–15 minutes.
4. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Cover with foil to keep warm and moist. Repeat with remaining pork.
5. Use remaining ingredients to assemble tacos using the warm pork.
Tacos are an easy dinner preparation that can be refreshed with the replacement of meat and toppings to suit every palate. These Double Pork Carnitas Tacos are carefully prepared and stewed to give new life to this dish. Thanks to our friends at Bon Appetit for the recipe inspiration.